WHY DOES THIS OPENING EXIST?
Mindtrace is deploying brain-inspired AI software, exploiting the functionality and performance of AI Deep Learning, and Mindtrace proprietary IP, in markets such as industrial asset inspection, precision manufacturing defect detection, and smart devices. Their Brain-Sense technology continuously learns new use cases from unlabelled data using only a few reference examples and transfers this learnt knowledge to client systems and edge devices. This novel technology enables a set of new possibilities that minimizes the need for Big Data and allows for faster learning and more robust AI.
Mindtrace released it’s first phase MVP in Q3/2021, gaining tremendous market traction in powerline asset inspection, and manufacturing defect detection with a fast-growing customer pipeline.
An ambitious Sales manager is now required to accelerate market penetration in select verticals – seek out and build relationships with future customers, potential strategic partnerships, impacted industries, and key influencers to drive the future marketplace. This person will work very closely with another sales manager, Business Development Director, and CEO who is very commercially focused and experienced.
This person must have a proven track record in commercialising disruptive technology to similar markets in a business at a similar stage as a series A AI start-up.
- Focus on B2B, enterprise-specific business development
- Experience in selling into asset inspection and manufacturing verticals
- Be a Player/Coach – highly successful, quota-carrying salesperson:
- Generate and track qualified sales pipeline
- Reach out to strategic partners and select key customers in select verticals
- Close deals alongside the CEO
- Thrive as a consultative seller, not simply in offering an “off-the-shelf” product
- Have the ability to navigate pain points of a customer
- Deeply understand business requirements
- Expert in understanding end clients’ purchasing motivation and internal power structure
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
3+ years of working experience in building user interfaces and API/SDK design
Ability to develop and build highly scalable SaaS and/or Edge (SoC specific) applications
Knowledge in front-end technologies
Solid programming experience in (e.g.) Java/C++/Python
Familiarity with version-control tools such as Git
Understanding of machine learning concepts
Knowledge of ML frameworks such as TensorFlow/PyTorch
Experience developing product-ready user interfaces
Start-up experience highly preferred
A fast learner and a team player
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A true player/coach with passion and drive to create a world-class selling organisation to conquer the eco-system
- Start-up experience
- Experience of working within a small, high-growth business
- Has experience taking disruptive solutions to market
- Has experience building a successful business from the ground up
- Must show significant experience in selling large deals, and navigating through complex selling cycle through problem solving and customer-centric approach
- Direct and/or channel sales experience
- Industry experience of and an understanding of the AI based applications in verticals such as:
- Industrial asset inspection – power distribution, telco, construction, oil & gas, mining
- Precision manufacturing defect detection
- Experience selling licensing and/or SaaS deals
- Is a proven hunter
- Knowledge or experience of working with AI technologies:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine Learning (ML) algorithms/Deep Neural Network (DNN)
- Experience working on an international scale
Someone who will thrive in an extremely fast-paced, results-focused organisation. High energy with passion and a commitment to emerging technology.
- Willing to take risks
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Able to perform under pressure
- Idea generator
- Start-up/growth mentality
United Kingdom, near Manchester area preferred, but not required
Short-term focus on Europe and Americas, with some global requirements in due course.
Business Development Director (with growth opportunity into a head of vertical practice)
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You will engage with the leadership in driving the future of the product. Mindtrace is an exceptionally exciting company with the financial backing and technology to begin on an extraordinary trajectory of growth, making a real impact in the market.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
If you have any questions or if you would like to apply please email [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
If you have any questions or if you would like to apply, please email [email protected].